To make a snuffle mat for dogs, you will need the following:
- A base mat (such as a rubber kitchen mat or a piece of fleece)
- Fabric scraps or old clothing (such as t-shirts or jeans)
- A needle and thread (or a sewing machine)
- Cut the fabric scraps or old clothing into small strips.
- Tie the strips of fabric onto the base mat, making sure to cover the entire surface.
- Once the entire surface of the mat is covered with strips of fabric, use a needle and thread (or a sewing machine) to secure the strips in place.
- Hide small treats or kibble in the fabric strips, and let your dog use their nose to find and retrieve the treats.
Note: you could also use non-toxic stuffing materials or combine them with other textiles, making it more complex to challenge your dog's nose.